Saturday, October 2, 2010

September's Missed Opportunity...Mouse Abatement at 6310....

September came and went, and I didn't do a good job of keeping up with the daily tugs of life.  I have missed blogging.  I aspire to do better this month....

*********

Exhibit B
One morning not long ago, I woke up, let the dog out, and started to have some cereal for breakfast.  I noticed what seemed to be mouse droppings in with the silverware (Exhibit A - didn't think to go get a camera)  -- but we have three cats, so how could that happen?  

Later that morning I ventured into the drawer with spatulas and such and saw some bright green plastic shavings in the measuring cups.  Please see Exhibit B.  Yes, indeed we have mice.

Karyl then took the kitchen apart and found other evidence of wandering mice.  Since that time we have set traps and had lots of peanut butter disappear and a couple of mice.  The problem seems to have stopped, but we remain wary.

Our cats are on administrative leave pending investigation as to how they let this happen.  Their water dish is a mere three feet from where the mice were frolicking around in the cupboards.  Karyl, Moonie, and I have had to endure the indignity of public humiliation.  As we walk around the neighborhood people point and say, "There goes the family with cats and mice".  Sigh.

Maura's cat, Lizzie, which only leaves her room semi-annually, has lawyered up.  Lizzie is threatening to sue if we don't remove her name from the "Disgraced Cat List".  Saying that, "I never leave Maura's room and the kitchen isn't my territory."  Bubbles and Maxie have refused to comment (Bubbles looks confused and Maxie is asleep on our bed and refuses to be bothered with anything).


1 comment:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...