I picked up this title three weeks ago on the recommendation of Drew from Wild Rumpus Bookstore. I have enjoyed reading it; it has a lot of great features, but the ending is not one of them.
I have heard that knowing how to end a song is the hardest part (Erik disputes this claim) and this book supports that claim. This book doesn't have an ending, the story just stops, which I find very irksome. I know there is a book two and perhaps even a book three, but I don't know how inclined I feel to dive in after I feel taken advantage of by the "to-be-continued" ending.
On the positive side, I like the concept of "Noise", the ability to hear the thinking of others, and the main character, Todd. The surrounding characters are all interesting and helped pull me into the story. The female lead who is quiet, but slowly learns to trust Todd. Todd's great dog, Manchee, who has some great lines throughout the story.
On the Tex scale I give this three paws up.
Rambling thoughts on books, politics, history, and anything else that pops up...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
So within the last three or four days, my friend, Jeff Pierce, was rear-ended by a younger woman who was "not paying attention" as...
-
The view from the crest of Mt. Piscah, Eugene, Oregon Last Monday, I got to hike Mt. Piscah and it was beautiful. As I reached the crest ...

No comments:
Post a Comment