![]() |
| The view from the crest of Mt. Piscah, Eugene, Oregon |
Last Monday, I got to hike Mt. Piscah and it was beautiful. As I reached the crest I could see a shower taking place across the valley, and that is what you see above. When I first summited the peak the rain shower was more to the right, and it looked stunning. I was slow to the draw and I missed the "A" shot, but this is close.
![]() |
| On the trail up Mt. Piscah |
The sun peaked through and there was a inspiring tunnel of light that shined down on the ferns. I am too close here, so you don't get the sense of the sun hitting one spot, but not another.
![]() |
| WPA era bridge over the Siuslaw River Bridge |
I love these bridges on the Oregon Coast. There are several bridges that appear to have been created during the WPA era. According to Wikipedia this bridge opened in 1936. Brilliant work. I am pulled in by the detail of the spires on the bridge.
![]() |
| Center section of Suislaw Bridge |
![]() |
| Mark Brody's "Glam-Y Salmon" |
After ice cream at BJ's we strolled down to the marina and looked at the whole range of vessels that were harbored there.
Finally we headed off to the beach. Despite the weather apps telling us there was no rain in the area you could see a nice squall to the southwest headed our way.
Great visit.
![]() |
| Brea in the harbor on the Suislaw River. |
![]() |
| Beach at south of Florence. |







No comments:
Post a Comment