Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Close Shave Indeed...

So within the last three or four days, my friend, Jeff Pierce, was rear-ended by a younger woman who was "not paying attention" as she ran into Jeff and his 2002 Saab.

A tip of the hat to the engineers at Saab for designing a car that takes a thirty-plus mile an hour hit from the rear and my friend can walk away from the accident.

Jeff and Jodi are mourning the loss of the family car, which has served them well for the last nine years.  I empathize with their sadness.  It is especially hard to lose something like a care when you have worked hard to take care of the beast in the first place.

While I am sad to see the demise of the car that took me to Vancouver, and all over Seattle - I am quite pleased that my friend is well.  I didn't realize how close the whole ordeal was until I saw the pictures and then realized - there but for the grace of God I could have been receiving a phone call that my friend was no longer here.  We always assume that we have another twenty or thirty years on the clock - but you just never know.

Thank you Saab.

bar

1 comment:

J. Kingston Pierce said...

Thanks, Byron, for your kind words about the Roadster. I miss my wonderful car very much.

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...