Saturday, June 25, 2011

Trouble In Paradise

So I wake up to read that Twins relief pitcher Jose Mijares publicly complained about uberstar Joe Mauer's calling for six straight fastballs.

Hmmmm. This isn't normal Twins behavior. We don't discuss problems in the paper. And then to have a reliever call out our All-Star catcher - that is just not how we roll here. But the news doesn't stop there. I read on to find out that our manager, Ron

Gardenhire is also quoted as wondering about the pitch select. Now I am thinking that I must be in some alternate universe.

Then they go on to mention that Mauer's took grounders at third and was told to get a first basemen's mitt. Perhaps this explains why we still have three catchers on our roster.

I know this is not the first time we haves heard of pitchers not liking the way Mauer's calls a game. But this IS the loudest criticism of our .186 hitting catcher that I have ever read.

All is not well in the heartland. My loving wife, Karyl, pondered if the team isn't trying to move Mauer's around, and this is the first step.

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...