Monday, June 13, 2011

28/32 in the Books....

Well, I think my 28th year at Breck is in the books.  thirty-two years of teaching and twenty eight of them out here on the frozen tundra.  Go figure.

Looking back to the twenty-eighth year...I would have to say that this was a harder year than the last couple. I noticed that only one boy earned an "A" level grade in my class, which makes me think that I need to go back and read Newkirk and see what sort of changes to make to help boys do better in my class.  I also want to do more planning this summer so that my classes has some regular writing - and a variety of writing (I am excited about the possibility of having students be able to blog next year.)

******
I am quite pleased to begin my summer with Jeff here for the week.  We don't really have any plans other than to read, relax, and enjoy time off.

I am looking forward to spending more time this summer writing in this space.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...