Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Good-bye to the Big Man....

So way back when Bruce Springsteen burst into our consciousness I was always struck by a rock & roll band that had both White and Black musicians.  Last week Clarence Clemons suffered a stroke and the died at the age of 69.

Mr. Clemons was known as "The Big Man" by Springsteen, and I was equally impressed with their friendship and affection for one another.  Mr. Clemons passing leaves a new gap in my life.  Other musicians have come and gone (Jerry Garcia - 1942 - 1995) but you always had an idea that they weren't long for this world.  Mr. Clemons passing is a little closer to the bone.

Somewhere in heaven "Tenth-Avenue Freeze Out" is blaring.  As well it should.

Thank you Big Man....

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...