Last night I was biking home at 8:45 p.m. when I saw several blue lights flashing down by the railroad tracks between Wood Lake and Cedar Lake. As I got closer the bridge on the west side was taped off, so I had to backtrack and ride in the street. As I got to the light, and waited for it to change, I saw the authorities wheel a body bag out from the path on the Cedar Lake side across to where all the cars had gathered on the southwest side of the bridge. If I had to guess, I would say that someone met their end on the railroad tracks last night.
It was such a sad juxtaposition - a warm October night, almost windless so the lakes looked like a sheet of glass, and were beautifully reflecting city lights. It is hard to believe that in a month where we have had five or six days in the 80° and a bunch of 70°'s that someone could be so down as to meet a train....I suppose I shouldn't rush to judgement, as I don't know what really happened....
Here is a horrible shot from the south end of Lake Calhoun yesterday morning. I didn't have the correct camera. In real life, the water was perfectly still and you could see the reflections from the north end of the lake. Very beautiful.
Sigh....
******
The article at the top was posted later today in the paper....Another 46....
Rambling thoughts on books, politics, history, and anything else that pops up...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
So within the last three or four days, my friend, Jeff Pierce, was rear-ended by a younger woman who was "not paying attention" as...
-
The view from the crest of Mt. Piscah, Eugene, Oregon Last Monday, I got to hike Mt. Piscah and it was beautiful. As I reached the crest ...


No comments:
Post a Comment