Wednesday, August 14, 2013

This Made Me Laugh...

Keeping Our Eye on the ball.
I happened to see this post today during afternoon snack.

"Let's Stop and Frisk some test scores" - That made me laugh.  These are complex issues, but I appreciate the desire to improve schools and make our schools more productive.  As to the details of "Stop and Frisk", I hear that crime is down in NYC, which is good.  I also understand that 81% of the people stopped were African American or Hispanic, and that would not be good.  I don't buy the argument that 81% of the crime in NYC is from African American and Hispanic people....Sounds to me like "Stop and Frisk" needs to be tightened up a bit.

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...