Friday, August 30, 2013

Assad Must Go!

Gas attack victims from Syria - August 28, 2013
So I arrive home from sixth-grade camp and it seems that we, the United States, are about to attack Syria.

This is one of those stories where every argument I hear, I agree with.  First, I hear that we shouldn't get involved in another act of war. When you think about the citizens that are always the unintended consequences of military actions, it seems best to hold back.  Why provoke more poisoning?

Then on the NBC Evening News Lester Holt and company so an extended clip of a school that had been hit with a gas attach.  Children shaking they are so badly burning.....

Where do we draw the line?  When does a government harm its citizens so much, that someone in the world steps in and says, "Stop."

I guess I live in a fairy-tale world where I hope we can take out the people in charge of something horrible like this.  I guess the more predictable result is that we will try to ruin the equipment that help caused this tragedy to happen.  I guess that will have to give me satisfaction.

Assad has crossed the line a long time ago.  I don't see how a man could know of these things and okay them....

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...