Saturday, August 31, 2013

Saturday, 31 August...Assad Motivations...Justin Mourneau...

Assad - Time to Go.
So today, on my visit to Dad in Rogers, Mn I listen to "Car Talk" on the way there, but on the way home it is the President's speech asking our members of Congress to vote on action.

President Obama decided to ask for Congressional approval.  I think this is a brilliant move.  Now our Congressional leaders need to publicly state where they are when Assad is using chemical weapons.  It is time to stand and account.

Another question is why did Assad use chemical weapons this week?  He has to know that if he keeps doing stupid things that they are going to receive greater attention from the world.  What is he thinking?      It is hard to believe that given the dire situation he is in that Assad would try to provoke the US into an attack?  How could he possibility expect to gain from that plan?  I don't see it.

*********
So today we traded Justin Morneau to the Pittsburgh Pirates for Alex Presley.  Presley was stuck behind Andrew McCutchin in Pittsburgh and so he gets a chance here.  Morneau is a free-agent so the Pirates get him for two months and then I am hoping that he might come back to Minnesota.

Morneau has been a stand-up guy here in Minnesota.  If he doesn't come back, this is the end of an era.  MVP in 2006 - and now this may be the end.  

Justin, thank you so much for all the memories.

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...