Saturday, December 11, 2010

Remembering Elizabeth....and too many others...

This week Elizabeth Edwards died from breast cancer.  I was wandering through the comics in the New York Times this morning and I found this cartoon by Steve Benson.  In the comment selection below the comic someone had written, "How was she any more brave than my neighbor who had cancer?"  Fortunately many other thoughtful and talented writers had responded to this irksome comment.  But after reading all the comments I am struck with how many of us have an Elizabeth Edwards in our lives.  Certainly most of the women we know were betrayed by their dumb-butt husbands on the national stage, but all too many women seem to die from breast cancer.

Elizabeth, I am sorry we didn't do better...on so many levels...

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...