Sunday, December 12, 2010

Fifth Biggest Snow Storm

This is a poor shot, but it gives you an idea of what happened to our Metrodome.  In normally looks more like a cupcake with white frosting, and as you can see, the 17" of snow we got on Friday night and Saturday collapsed the top of the dome.  Apparently, three of the panels tore and then the air rushed out and that is all she wrote.

I guess they use steam and hot water to clear the snow off the top.  Given it was minus six this morning, that is not a job that I would want.  Fortunately, the Dome people pulled the workers off the top in advance of the collapse so that, to the best of my knowledge, no one was hurt.

No football here today, tomorrow, or maybe even next Monday versus the Bears.

Cheers.

1 comment:

J. Kingston Pierce said...

There are weather nightmares all over today, it seems. Here in Seattle, torrential rains are flooding rivers and filling up residential basements. My own basement did a bit of leaking, not damaging anything, but leading to a quick purchase of absorbing towels from the local Goodwill store. I may have to buy even more before this monsoon has passed.

Cheers,
Jeff

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...