I actually finished reading this fine book last week sometime, but I have been slow to get to the keyboard...
This is a story about two young girls who find themselves thrown together at Los Alamos in the last stages of World War Two. The book does a nice job of weaving in history from that era without being too heavy handed, which can often be the case with historical fiction.
I read this story over a long period of time, finishing up the last two-thirds of the book last week. I liked the unusual characters and, for the most part, how they behaved seemed believable. I would have to give this book the three paws up on the Tex scale (four paws up is the best).
Rambling thoughts on books, politics, history, and anything else that pops up...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
So within the last three or four days, my friend, Jeff Pierce, was rear-ended by a younger woman who was "not paying attention" as...
-
The view from the crest of Mt. Piscah, Eugene, Oregon Last Monday, I got to hike Mt. Piscah and it was beautiful. As I reached the crest ...

No comments:
Post a Comment