Rambling thoughts on books, politics, history, and anything else that pops up...
Thursday, August 5, 2010
The Call...
Yesterday, Maura and I headed off for St. Paul to cash in a gift-certificate that she had won as a result of some of her art work. As is often the case these days when you are with Maura, we were listening to the Yankee's game. As Alex Rodriguez came up to bat in the first inning the radio announcers (the Yankee's broadcast crew) was mentioning how he has been struggling (0 for his last 17). I turned to Maura and said, "Okay, I making the call. He is going to get #600." Sure enough, not on the next pitch, but during that at bat, A-Rod hammered on to deep center field for #600.
Congratulations, but Hank Aaron is still my man.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
So within the last three or four days, my friend, Jeff Pierce, was rear-ended by a younger woman who was "not paying attention" as...
-
The view from the crest of Mt. Piscah, Eugene, Oregon Last Monday, I got to hike Mt. Piscah and it was beautiful. As I reached the crest ...

No comments:
Post a Comment