Up at four in the morning, on the plane by 6:30 and wheels up by 7:12 a.m. After circling Boston for quite awhile we landed and navigated our way to 1200 Beacon Street and the Holiday Inn. We are already seeing lots of parents and kids around. I don't know how busy tomorrow is going to be.
After we arrived Karyl and I braced the mist/light rain and walked up to Harvard street, where we had lunch at an artsy place called The Regal Begal. Here is the beer I had for lunch. Very good.

Then it was across the street for good ice cream at J.P. Licks. We then walked down Babcock street to the dorm Maura and Grace are going to stay in. While I was showing Karyl the athletic field, we discovered this plaque. The Boston Braves used to play baseball here. How cool is that. Outstanding.
After walking down Commonwealth to the bookstore and the back up Beacon to the hotel we collapsed and napped for an hour or so before taking off to Logan to meet the girls. We had more than our fair share of trouble finding the girls; who knew that Terminal B had two parts.
We all made it back down to the hotel by 9:00 tonight and then we headed off to the Elephant Walk for some some gluten-free dinner. The Cambodian food was solid to impressive. And finally, another walk in the rain....thanks goodness for the new raincoat...
Fingers crossed that tomorrow goes as well.


No comments:
Post a Comment