For the first time all summer, since school was out, I don't have to go work at the bike shop today. I actually get to spend time at home and do something with Karyl. As much as I love the bike shop, I am psyched to have a weekend at home to do some work around here.
Yesterday I spent three hours at the bike shop putting together a new bike. Earlier this summer I bought a frame (huge mistake) and so I have been collecting parts for the last several weeks. I came very close to finishing the project, but I need to get a different sized rotor for my back brake to work. After all the work of collecting parts (and spending a touch more than I wanted) I now get to see if the new bike will be fun to ride or a "what-was-I-thinking" project.
This past week I have been working at school to get the new school year up and running. It was a great feeling to get back to the classroom and start to fit the puzzle pieces together again. It will be fun to see everyone on Monday, and then on Tuesday we head to Boston to get Maura and Grace all set for their first year of college. Quite the week.
More later...
Rambling thoughts on books, politics, history, and anything else that pops up...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
So within the last three or four days, my friend, Jeff Pierce, was rear-ended by a younger woman who was "not paying attention" as...
-
The view from the crest of Mt. Piscah, Eugene, Oregon Last Monday, I got to hike Mt. Piscah and it was beautiful. As I reached the crest ...
No comments:
Post a Comment