Friday, July 23, 2010

Nineteen Arrives


So for the second time since she was two, Maura has a birthday in Minneapolis. So far the day has been action packed. Slight acknowledgment from the cats and listening to be swear and drop things in the kitchen ("Nothing."). Shiho and Gaylord get bonus points for having Facebooked Maura and acknowledged her birthday. Good form.

The big event for the day is dinner out at Chino Latino with friends for the evening. Great fun I hope.

I dusted off my culinary skills and I tried to navigate my way through a scratch cake. Yes, the chocolate frosting has white specs in it. The doggone powdered sugar seemed resistant to mixing with the rest of the frosting batter.

Wow, nineteen. Enjoy dear, enjoy.


No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...