Dear Representative Ellison, Senator Klobuchar, and Senator Frankin,
It is time to get our soldiers out of Afghanistan. As you know, over 2,000 members of our service have died there and at this point, I no longer see the benefit to continuing the fight. The numerous recent attacks on our soldiers from uniformed members of the Afghan army seem to indicate that we are not wanted there, and that seems fine to me.
I realize that this means the Taliban and perhaps Al-Qaeda
will benefit from our absence and regain or re-establish a presence
there, but it is time to let the people of Afghanistan take over this
fight. I am happy to supply them with the tools to resist, but it is
time for the heavy lifting to be done by the people of Afghanistan.
Sincerely yours,
Byron Rice
Rambling thoughts on books, politics, history, and anything else that pops up...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
So within the last three or four days, my friend, Jeff Pierce, was rear-ended by a younger woman who was "not paying attention" as...
-
The view from the crest of Mt. Piscah, Eugene, Oregon Last Monday, I got to hike Mt. Piscah and it was beautiful. As I reached the crest ...

No comments:
Post a Comment