Saturday, September 22, 2012

Lost In the Fog....

Some how I managed to miss the story about Mitt Romney and the 47% video.  So the question now is, does this story have legs?  Karyl and I watched a clip from the Daily Show - from September 19, about the video and Jon Stewart just shredded Mitt Romney and the Fox Network.

On Friday, when we were driving home, there was and article on MPR about the possibility of Romney being a drag on the Republican ticket.  I began to wonder if I had ventured into some alternate reality.  Last I had kinda of heard - Romney was doing well.  True the Democratic Convention had a little bit of bounce, but this race looks neck and neck.  Still there are 43 days or so until the election.  I do have to say that nothing would make me happier than to learn that Romney was, in fact, a drag on the Republican ticket.

I will say I am impressed with how absolutely clueless Mitt Romney is.  What are the possibilities for this story?   One, Mitt actually believes that 47% pay no taxes and get all sorts of entitlements from the government.  So if this is what he believes, then he is sadly misinformed.  Two, he doesn't believe this, but he is speaking to a bunch of right-wing nut jobs and so he needs to say stupid things to get money for his campaign, or even just to garner a little political buzz from the Tea Partu/Republicans.  The more I think about this, the more possibility number two seems more likely.  If Romney is really disconnected enough from the factual reality enough to think that 47% of Americans pay no taxes and just suck money out of the system.....wow, that would be the scariest possibility.

250 today.

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...