Saturday, September 29, 2012

Nebraska vs. Wisconsin .......Go Huskers...

So, Homecoming weekend, and after a wonderful meal at Maude's, I am at home watching the start of Wisconsin at Nebraska.  Nebraska is wearing black helmets with a red "N" and Wisconsin is wearing white uniforms with red shoulders, and a red "W".

7 Wisconsin and 0 Nebraska after the first possession.  This would be an upset if it were to continue.  Nebraska is at home, and they are ranked #22.  Wisconsin has struggled (fired their line coach after the second game).

It looks as if Wisconsin is about to go up by two touchdowns.  The first one was runs by Ball, but I have no idea how the second one came about.  This is shaping up to be quite the game for the Badgers.

Update:  11 minutes to go in the second quarter and it is 20-3 Wisconsin.  Wow, and this game is in Lincoln.  Ouch.

*****
Twitter has our (Breck's) football team beating SPA/MPA 14-6.   Congratulations to the Mustangs for battling on a very warm day.

*****
Madeline Williams

Former athletic director, Joe Kordosky, and Master of Ceremonies, Keith Ylinen, Class of 1986.

Gavin Hoffman - Class of 1997
Chris Reinertson (sp?) Class of 1985
Kevin, Chris, Dale Carter from Class of 1950, and former coach, Dan Doheny.

Last night I attended the Breck Alumni Hall-of-Fame ceremony at Breck.  Gavin Hoffman, Chris Reinertson, and Madeline Williams (a woman who predates my time at Breck) were inducted.  I was supposed to take pictures, but I had the 85mm lens that fritzed so I had a tough time getting good pictures.   Chris R. gave a great talk about the benefits of being positive and encouraging young athletes.  All of the inductees gave great talks.  Ms. Williams talked about how Title Nine changed her life and now as a member of the United States Foreign Service, she is able to give back to others.

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...