![]() |
| Mill City Farmer's Market - Saturday, 28 July |
![]() |
| Some thing about the burlap bags (corn), the wood crates, cardboard box, et al ... called to me. I should have waited for the woman to clear the area. |
As I was exiting the Mill City Museum I looked up to see some author (pasted on the side of the Gutherie Theater) staring at me. I don't know who the author is, but I was struck by his presence as the rest of us moved around the traditional fare of a farmer's market. I was drawn by the feeling that many others had been here well before me...
Karyl and I navigated the hound between organic candles and soaps, natural honeys, baked goods, and SE Asian cooking. The weather cooperated to make the venture one that chipped away at my "stuck" frame of mind.
We brought Moonie after getting her stitches out this morning and that always adds several degrees of difficultly to the project, but I think Moonie likes outings.
Every time I venture down this way I imagine what it might be like to live in one of the lofts that are in the area. While it would be great to live down here, that is probably a couple of very serious bank jobs away from my reality. Still, I love imagining the stories that I feel in being in a different space.
The exercise did me good. We parked on the far side of the Stone Arch bridge and walked across to the market, wandered, ate, and returned. I feel the better for it.
![]() |
| Stainless Steel Sculpture with Karyl and Moonie |
The exercise did me good. We parked on the far side of the Stone Arch bridge and walked across to the market, wandered, ate, and returned. I feel the better for it.
![]() |
| Close-up of Karyl and Moonie |
![]() |
| Stone Arch Bridge of downtown Mpls side. |
![]() |
| Part of the Gold Medal Flour Mill that makes up the Mill City Museum. |
![]() |
| We watched the locks open for two small pleasure boats and a couple of kayaks. Seems like a lot of trouble for just recreational knuckleheads. |







No comments:
Post a Comment