Friday, March 2, there was fog over Lake Calhoun. You can't see it very well here, but it was beautiful. I don't know what it is about fog that pulls me in, but I always enjoy fog (unless I am driving on the freeway).
Notes from this week:
• Greg Williams, the former defensive coordinator for the New Orleans Saints came under fire for having a bonus system that rewards knocking opponents out of the game. That was upsetting, but Jimmy Johnson shrugged off the story, saying that many teams in the past have had similar programs. I guess when the money is that big, some people will do anything.
• Rush Limbaugh came under fire after he called a Georgetown law student a "slut" for wanting to have her health care system cover birth control. The only good thing about this story is the blowback that is being directed to Limbaugh for being such a jerk. I guess the president even called the woman in question to apologize for the rude treatment she received.
• The president has been talking tough about Iran's nuclear program. Israel's president has been in Canada and is now coming here to drum up support for preventing the Iranian's from developing nuclear weapons. This strikes me as a very sticky wicket. I don't know what right we have to tell another country what they can and cannot do -- yet, who wants more nuclear weapons in the world? Many people seem to think that Israel will initiate some kind of program to destroy the facility. I don't envy the Iranian's who work there.
Rambling thoughts on books, politics, history, and anything else that pops up...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
So within the last three or four days, my friend, Jeff Pierce, was rear-ended by a younger woman who was "not paying attention" as...
-
The view from the crest of Mt. Piscah, Eugene, Oregon Last Monday, I got to hike Mt. Piscah and it was beautiful. As I reached the crest ...
No comments:
Post a Comment