Monday, March 19, 2012

Birthday at the Kingfish...

Dinner at the Kingfish Cafe.  I hoped to catch our reflectionsin the window.
 I have been in Seattle for a surprise celebration of Jeff's 55th birthday.  Last night we had a wonderful night out at a very fancy restaurant, The Kingfish Cafe.



Jodi, Jeff, AmiJune

Jeff, AmiJune, Peer, Charlie

Charlie
Birthday Boy
Here are shots of everyone at dinner.  I had the gumbo, which was very good.

I sat across from Jodi and next to Charlie.  Jodi explained her cleansing diet.  She is trying to determine if she is allergic to wheat, dairy, peanuts, and sugar.  She won the award for "high maintenance" order of the night, but the woman who waited on us was wonderful.

Charlie, to my right, is a very soft spoken editor with a quiet sense of humor.  He avoided the spicier items on the menu and he enjoyed the crab cakes.

Jeff and I had mint juleps in mason jars with dinner and then we ordered a slice of sweet potato pie and double-chocolate cake.  The slice of cake was large enough to land a small airplane on and quite good.

AmiJune or Amy June (I don't know) works at a park or research station in a part of Idaho that is only accessible via single engine plan.  She is interviewing from jobs here in Seattle.  She is Diane, Jodi's sister's daughter, and she did well in Celebrity later in the evening.
Gumbo

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...