Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Who Are These Republicans?

Poll: Trump surges to big lead in GOP presidential race
By Dan Balz, Peyton M. Craighill
Businessman Donald Trump surged into the lead for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination, with almost twice the support of his closest rival, just as he ignited a new controversy after making disparaging remarks about Sen. John McCain’s Vietnam War service, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.


So apparently it is okay to make bigoted statements about Hispanics and to insult veterans who were prisoners of war.  I am trying to think of what demographic would support these type of policies. Who are these people that think these ideas make for a good president?

Perhaps they are stuck in time and think in the early 1960's....The John Wayne Party..."We are white men and we don't take shit from anybody..."

I don't see that as a viable world view...

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...