Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Seattle - Excellent Times With Gonzo

Garden of the Red Cat.
Monday: 5:10 a.m. Karyl is up and ready to drive me to the airport and it is pouring rain.  To compound the foolishness, I managed to arrange my arrival in Seattle for 8:28 a.m.  This means that Jeff and Jodi were up at an obscene hour - with Jeff having to drop Jodi at work and then brave rush hour traffic...  Great start.

We scooped up my luggage and headed to the friendly confines of 146 N 78th where I was treated to the wonderful backyard that Jeff has worked on, assiduously weeding and watering.
Beecher's Best - Mac and cheese in a cup, with a side of root beer.

After gathering ourselves we decided to head downtown to Pikes Public Market for a little Beecher's mac and cheese.   We walked around the busy market getting cherries, cookies, and of course a couple of barbecue pork hum baos.
Young man being counseled in how to catch a thrown fish.
Good luck!












We then shopped till we dropped.  We loaded up on beer, tequila, and of course - food.










That night we had the pleasure of dining at the 74th Street Ale House and having Jen serve us excellent tacos and tasty libations.
Jeff wondering why I standing i
n the middle of Greenwood.
Over the next few days we painted a front porch - shout out here to the buffoon and Home Depot who sold us paint brushes to do the job - as opposed to using a roller, which is apparently what everyone else in the free world does.

Another highlight for me was biking around Seattle. Jodi works down at the south end of Lake Union and I had great fun accompanying her to and from work. And what is even better than the bike ride was the shots I stumbled across here and there.  
By far and away my favorite place was the Fremont Bridge where I often got to see the view of boats going in and out of Lake Union.
Fremont Bridge opening for sailboat.

Favorite shot of the trip.
My biggest missed shot was the sea plane taking off.
You can see the wash from the sea plane between
these two cabin cruisers.  Missed it.
More than the food, drink, or bicycling, what a treasure most is the opportunity to laugh, be myself, and listen to my close friend, Jeff.  I don't get the opportunities often enough and they are absolute treasures when they happen.

Special thanks to Jeff, Jodi, and Monkey for hosting me for five days.













No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...