Sunday, October 28, 2012

Leaves Here, Leaves There, and a World Series

Bagged leaves last weekend.

Buried roses, put up chicken wire, and added leaves today.
 Tis that time of year.  Last weekend I raked up the leaves in the back of the yard.  I discovered that in the midst of all this raking that it is actually some pretty good exercise.  It felt good for the shoulders.
Matt Cain, San Francisco Giants, Game Four of World Series










Today, I finished burying the roses.  Then I took some stakes and cable-tied the chicken wire around the rose garden.  Last year the dog and squirrels ran through the area so much that my cover of leaves was pretty well gone by the end of the winter.  Hopefully the wire will keep everyone out.  I don't think I will feed the birds back there - and that should keep the squirrels and rabbits out....






This is Game Four of the World Series.  The Tigers are leading 2-1 after four innings.  The Giants are up 3-0 in games, but it is not over, until you win that fourth one.

This is a picture of Matt Cain, the Giants pitcher in Game Four.  Go Giants....

265.

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...