Monday, August 6, 2012

Notes for 6 August 2012

1. Hat tip to the men and women of NASA.  You stuck the landing.  Here is the first shot the Curiosity mailed back to earth after successful landing on Mars.

2. We remember.  6 August 1945.  Hiroshima.

3. Yesterday morning, Garret Reid was found dead at the age of 29 in the Lehigh dorms where the Eagles are having their training camp.  My heart goes out to Andy Reid.  I can't imagine the pain of losing a child.

4. Dad has been doing his General McArthur imitation, "I shall return".  He is back with us after being a rude guest at the Wellstead of Rogers.  They are seeking a place where Dad can be hospitalized until this behavior is under control.

5. Dad's plans have changed mine, but I shall have to adjust and move on.  Time to belly up to the bar and do some history reading.

6. Women's soccer is on at 11:00 a.m.  Japan vs. France.  It shouldn't be hard to get behind Japan in that match.  The US women play after that.  Is this a great day or what!

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...