2. I don't like Michelle Bachman, but it irks me a little that Perry from Texas is getting all the attention. They both seem equally nutty, but Perry gets the nod just because he is a guy.
3. We had our first faculty member at school give a presentation about being gay. A long overdue, watershed event. This frees us to discuss this topic with a greater degree of freedom. His presentation was serious and humorous, very well done.
4. Today the Minnesota Golden Gophers play USC in Los Angeles. We have a new coach, Jerry Kill, who has generated a lot of enthusiasm by not promising us big results. The last head coach, Tim Brewster, started talking Rose Bowl right away, but his teams were very poorly organized and coached. Last year we were last in the nation in quarterback sacks with nine. I don't expect to beat USC, but I don't expect to get blown out either. I anticipate a Gopher team that is in better shape and, over the course of the season, will surprise some teams.
Our junior quarterback, MarQueis Gray played wide receiver last year because Adam Weber was in his senior year. Gray does not have a lot of experience at quarterback, but he is supposed to be the best athlete on the team. I hope he has a good day.
5. My loving daughter is a rock star for putting a bike together that I mailed her. The bike isn't very good, but I love her willingness to struggle with the rear wheel and rear derailleur until she could get it all together. Tip of the hat to her. Here she is at a Red Sox - Yankees game. Thank you Skip Orlady...
7. More later....



No comments:
Post a Comment