Sunday, September 11, 2011

Down The Rabbit Hole...

This past week the television has been full of 9/11 rememberances.    Somehow all those memories have made me want to disappear down a rabbit hole and pretend the whole horrible business is not happening.  I have a mix of emotions - from not really wanting to revisit 911, to praying that we make it through the day without any more horror.

The past ten years have been difficult.  We are more in debt, thanks to two wars and we live now with the understanding that many people in the world hate us.  This has been a watershed decade.

I would like to say, "Thank you" to all the first responders who gave up their lives or their health to help others trapped in buildings or on an airplane.  The stories of your bravery, to save people you didn't even know are inspiring.

Peace.

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...