Sunday, September 11, 2011

Get Up Jerry....

Yesterday Karyl and I were watching the Minnesota Golden Gophers try and rally in the fourth quarter against the underdog New Mexico State Aggies.  Suddenly the stadium went silent and the announcers in a confused moment tell us that our head coach, Jerry Kill, has collapsed on the sideline.

Oh, dear God, no.  This man from rural Oklahoma (I think) walked into our hearts last winter after taking the job at the University of Minnesota.  He has made no promises, other than the team will work hard.  I can't believe how horrible I am feeling.

Minutes pass slowly.  Awkward cuts to commercials, players kneeling and holding hands - looking like I felt.

I turn to Twitter and we learn that he is being packed in ice - so maybe this incident is heat related....

Finally word comes that his wife has given the fans a "thumbs up" sign and I am able to breathe a sigh of relief.

This morning we read that he has had several seizures before and that heat and dehydration bring on the symptoms.   God willing, Jerry Kill will recover from this and learn to take better care of himself as he continues to coach our team.

Hurry back coach.


No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...