Saturday, September 18, 2010

Dumb Butts Abound...

So there are too many bikes in the garage, and I don't ride the Lemond Tourmalet.  Don't ask me why I don't ride it; it is beautiful - steel, light and fast.  57 centimeters of the best bike made here in the U.S.  But I never enjoyed riding it that much.

So off to Craigslist we go.  A couple of hits but people back out and find other bikes.  Finally I have a  dad and son who are interested in the bike.  So one night I drive over to the University district and show the bike to the dad.  He likes it and tells me that his college-student son had his Cannondale stolen and so they are looking for a replacement.  I tell him that I wouldn't buy this bike for a college student because it will be gone in a New York minute. The dad tells me that his son plans on locking it up.  Oh, well then that is different because we all know that thieves never steal locked bikes.  Moron.

So off to camp I go, and the dad comes and buys the bike from Karyl.  He gives Karyl the same speech about buying the bike for his college age son.  Karyl is smarter than I am and she just nods thinking, "Two days. Two days before the bike is gone."

So we sold the bike to the family of Morons.  I hate to see it go, but that is life...

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...