Thursday, June 17, 2010

Summer Tour - Three Cities in Four Days....


So, it is Sunday, June 13 and Erik and I have seven o'clock flights out of Minneapolis. Imagine our shock to see the world's longest lines at that hour. Erik made his flight and I missed mine. I ended up on a later flight to Seattle where I picked up Jeff and we started the drive down to Portland to help Erik get situated in his new humble abode.

Here is a tiny shot of Erik's new place. As we spent the next two days trying to provision the house, it became clear that lots of LC students lived in the neighborhood.

Here is shot of the Fred Meyer's where we did a lot of shopping. Really kind of a sad looking store at this point. Neither Fred Meyer's nor the Target (that took us hours to find - following the blue dot on the iPhone) were very impressive stores. This Fred Meyer's doesn't look to have changed since I was in town over 30 years ago - that is a lifetime in the retail world...



Jeff and I drove back to Seattle on Tuesday, only to find the Emerald City basking in some well deserved sunshine. After a quick run to Ken's for libation, we hit the front porch to read and ruminate. This isn't Jeff's house, but it is a typical Seattle looking street corner in his neighborhood, Greenway.

Wednesday morning I headed to Sea-Tac and began the trip east. Seated in row 46, I started to get nervous about my ability to catch the connecting flight in Minneapolis. Sure enough, we hit the gate in the Mill City at 6:20 and it took twenty painful minutes to get off the plane. From there I ran through the "G" concourse, all the away across the center part of the airport to gate D3. As I was leaving "G" I heard the final call for my flight. I almost gave up (as I was not in proper shape to sprint through an airport), but I somehow managed to squeak in under the wire. As I panted to my seat, a rosy-red face, and beginning to sweat like a race horse, they closed the airplane. This has been a trip of amazing plane adventures.

This morning I am in DC - short on sleep, but happy to be done with the heavy lifting for a few days.

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...