Sunday, November 22, 2009

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

This book was recommended to me by one of my students, who was so enthusiastic about it - I thought I should give it a try...

I have to say that I did enjoy this title. The premise is a bit gruesome, but the story had me totally immersed. Whenever I but down a book and realize that I am walking around - feeling like I am in the story - that is a good title. I remember having that feeling after reading Elmore Leonard books.

Normally here is where I complain about the ending of the book, but I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of a Disney ending. A cynic might suggest that the ending was has the reader qued up for a sequel - but even with that perspective, I still liked the thought-provoking end of the story.

I would give this title three and a half paws up.

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...