Sunday, November 8, 2009

Maura Channels Georgia

So, Friday night, Maura tells us she needs the car on Saturday to go take pictures for her art portfolio. I don't really get what photography suddenly has to do with art class, but I let it ride.

Early in the afternoon on Saturday I wander in from a grueling morning of SAT proctoring just as Maura is loading up and heading out. No big deal.

So I tend to my afternoon projects and dinner time rolls around. No Maura. Hmmm. Finally, around six bells I decide to give her a call. To my surprise she picks up. She tells me she is on the freeway and she will be home in an hour - or at least that is what my brain registers. So as the wheels in the cerebellum turn slowly, I start to piece together what is going on. Maura went an hour away to take pictures? What is up with that? This doesn't make sense. I thought Maura might wander around Uptown, or maybe at a local park to find her pictures. Where would you go that is an hour away?

An hour later, Karyl and I are hanging around before heading out on "Date Night" and still no Maura. I try the cell phone again, and this time she tells me that she is in Plato, Minnesota. Plato? Never heard of Plato. I don't even think Karyl has played a concert there. I Google Plato. Wow, Maura is out there. If she has been driving for an hour, and she is just now to Plato - Holy shit Batman, did the girl go all the way to South Dakota?

It turns out Maura got in the car and headed west for some rural pictures. She made it all the way to Montevideo, where Karyl's uncle still lives. Maura took quite a few pictures and here are a few...

Who knew?

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...