Monday, December 7, 2009

16° and a Quiet Good-bye....

This morning I over slept my alarm, and I was tempted to blow off trying to ride my bike (rebuild Trek 460) into work in the cold. Eventually I decided to "man up" and give it a go, and happily, it was a fine trip in to school. The feet got a little cold, but not bad for sixteen degrees.

After first hour we were called to the library and told that Dr. Patti Soderberg had died over the weekend. She was my age and the sister of Doug Soderberg, who used to come over and visit Eric Hanson when I first lived in Minneapolis at the Portland house. Patti is the one who figured out that connection.

More recently I remembered Patti as working at Conserve School in Land O'Lakes, Wisconsin. Several years ago I got to go visit Conserve School, and I was awed by the facility. What a great place to teach--too bad the Board of Trustees never got it together and the school sank in the recent economic down turn.

Patti, I hope you have some measure of peace where you are. We miss you.

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...