Monday, March 17, 2008

Return of the Front Lawn

This week the old front lawn reapperated on Thursday. Unfortunately, it has snowed since then, so our glimpse was shorter than one would like, but it was there none-the-less. Coupled with being able to listen to radio broadcasts of baseball spring training games all things point toward the return of warm weather and good times.

I have already changed the rear tire on the winter bicycle, opting for a 38mm rather that the 47mm. Here soon, once this snow moves on, the studded front tire comes off and we go to 28's. It is hard not to be excited by all of that.

Likewise, this is the season of fantasy baseball. I have drafted one team and I will do another tomorrow night. This would rank as one of my favorite parts of the year. Here is my chance to draft a team that will not be pounded by the fifth graders at school. We shall see.

This year I went with a different strategy. More accurately, this year I had a draft strategy. Basically, I went with hitters first and pitchers later. I have yet to see if this will land me a better result, as the teams haven't started playing games yet. I will say that if felt good to have a plan.

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...