Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring has the snow on the run....

Dateline: Minneapolis, MN On Wednesday, 19 March the sun was busy melting snow as I navigated through Colormute in the backyard. This picture is a bit shore of Ansel Adams, but if you compare it to the second picture you can notice that the snow is in steady retreat.

As I write this, another few inches of snow are lingering on the edge of the city. We are supposed to get a few inches tonight and tomorrow, but then we will once again have forty-degree weather and the snow will resume the retreat.

You can't really tell from the photographs, but on the north side of the garage, where the sun doesn't hit the lawn, the snow is still five to six inches deep.

Thank goodness for the sun.

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...