Sunday, January 6, 2008

Wonksville

So the suits on television this morning think the nominees for the national political conventions will be Obama and McCain. Who would have thought that a year ago? I am starting to think that we ought to get rid of the Super Tuesday (February 5, 2008) where twenty states have primaries or caucuses. Right now the whole primary season is going to be a month long. I would like to have a longer opportunity to have the candidates share their visions. That said, I also think that campaigning ought to be limited to the year before the election. I know that you can't limit how people campaign, I can hear my son mentioning the constitutional right to free speech.


No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...