On Tuesday night Hillary Clinton pulled off a surprise and beat Barack Obama, 39% to 36% in the Democratic side of the New Hampshire Primary. I was surprised by this and today I heard an explanation about what might account for the difference between expectations of Tuesday morning and the reality of Tuesday night. This theory is that the fine people of New Hampshire were unwilling to tell pollsters that they were reluctant to vote for a black man. Hmmm. Is this the race card, which I have worried about, raising up to bite us all...
Somehow this theory doesn't quite fit with me. If a pollster called, why would you say Obama if you really wanted someone white. Pollsters just ask who you support, they don't cross examine your rationale for deep-seated feelings of racial issues.
At this point I can't say that I am on board with the "people lied to pollsters and then voted white" theory.
Rambling thoughts on books, politics, history, and anything else that pops up...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
So within the last three or four days, my friend, Jeff Pierce, was rear-ended by a younger woman who was "not paying attention" as...
-
The view from the crest of Mt. Piscah, Eugene, Oregon Last Monday, I got to hike Mt. Piscah and it was beautiful. As I reached the crest ...
No comments:
Post a Comment