This week there was a "Good-bye" service for a long time faculty member, Peter Clark, who died on January 21 from pulmonary fibrosis. Through a series of loving stories we learned about Peter's taking part of the last year to travel from Minnesota down Texas to visit a brother, and the over to California to see more friends and relatives, and finally up to Oregon to visit former colleagues and more relatives, and finally back home.
I walked away impressed by the generosity of spirit these stories reflected and wondering if ever anyone would ever have such kind things to say about me....Perhaps something to work on there.
Unfortunately, I had to leave early to get to Colonial Fair, and I gather one of the stories told was about the secret of eating peaches.
What I loved most about this service was that it reflected the man. A list of favorite songs and CD's, Peter Ost. playing mandolin...other worldly...Very touching.
Peter, thank you for that final gift. I shall aspire to use my time here more wisely.
B.
Rambling thoughts on books, politics, history, and anything else that pops up...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
So within the last three or four days, my friend, Jeff Pierce, was rear-ended by a younger woman who was "not paying attention" as...
-
The view from the crest of Mt. Piscah, Eugene, Oregon Last Monday, I got to hike Mt. Piscah and it was beautiful. As I reached the crest ...
No comments:
Post a Comment