Friday, February 3, 2012

Ski Day



Ski Day was today and we had great weather.  No snow or sun, but mid 30°'s and not much wind.  I skied with Alex Law, Tod "Sargent Schultz", and Eric Almond.  There were some interesting conversations on the chair lifts.

I skied on 170's and I managed to not tweak the knees too much.  I feel once while waiting in line, so that is not too bad.

Four kids were hurt today.  We had a concussion, a broken collar bone, and two arms that were banged up.  An unusual number of injuries for a Ski Day trip.  The poor kids who stayed late (which I normally do) got caught in traffic and they didn't make it back to school until late...

I was worried that after barking this fall about the dance teacher's knee injury (and prolonged recovery period) that I would be the next one up for getting nicked.  Happily I was able to avoid that.  I still need to be nicer....






No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...