Dear Maxie,
Thank for a wonderful eighteen years. You did a wonderful job helping raise two great children, and you stayed around through think and thin and watched us all grow up here.
I remember in your first years here you loved to go out at night and walk across the street to use the Odefy's sandbox as a litter box. You ignored my attempts to distract you and keep you more local.
You also used to love to go hunting with Selina Kyle. The local vol, mice, and bunny population were all very happy when you decide to hang up your hunting shoes a few years ago.
This last few weeks it was been hard to watch you with a swollen, tender jaw. I bit that hurt a lot and you were dear to just snuggle with us at night as if nothing was wrong.
I appreciate all the winter nights when you heated up my side of the bed before I nodded off to sleep. I hope you know how very much all of us loved you.
It was very hard to say goodbye. Rest in peace, Max - We love you mightily...
We spent all day at hockey games Karyl needed to shoot. Here I am across the arena from Karyl...remembering Maxie...
Rambling thoughts on books, politics, history, and anything else that pops up...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
So within the last three or four days, my friend, Jeff Pierce, was rear-ended by a younger woman who was "not paying attention" as...
-
The view from the crest of Mt. Piscah, Eugene, Oregon Last Monday, I got to hike Mt. Piscah and it was beautiful. As I reached the crest ...


2 comments:
Do you have any pictures of Maxie you could share in this blog?
RIP Maxie. I'm sorry she had to go, but glad she was so loved. xo
Post a Comment