Thanks to Isabella Jennings for recommending this title to me. Divergent has been a fun ride. The main character, Tris, spends her time trying to make sense out of her new environment as a member of the Dauntless group. She shows an amazing aptitude for navigating the troubled waters of a futuristic society gone wrong.
This book is similar to Hunger Games in that we have a female lead who has to battle her way to a satisfactory conclusion. I suppose the more you read, the more it is hard to find plot lines that don't resemble some other work.
The more I read, the more I realize that the most difficult part is being able to and a story well. Veronica Roth deserves credit for making a good run at a great ending. I will give this one three paws up. For a lot of the story I was pulled in as Tris navigates from one test to the next. Then at the end everything seems to happen at once.
Rambling thoughts on books, politics, history, and anything else that pops up...
Sunday, January 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...
-
So within the last three or four days, my friend, Jeff Pierce, was rear-ended by a younger woman who was "not paying attention" as...
-
The view from the crest of Mt. Piscah, Eugene, Oregon Last Monday, I got to hike Mt. Piscah and it was beautiful. As I reached the crest ...

No comments:
Post a Comment