Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Orchestra is Tuning Up....

Michelle Bachmann - Lost Planet Airman First Class
It may not be over 'til the fat lady sings, but I can sure hear the music starting to build in the background.  I will miss Michelle Bachmann and her campaign.  They are such an enjoyable (although scary at times) source of amusement in these serious times. 

Yesterday there were reports that her New Hampshire staff had quit.  The official response was, "That is a shocking story to me.  I have no idea where this came from, but we've made calls and it is certainly not true."  There were also accusations from the Bachmann campaign that this was misinformation spread by political opponents.

"I have no idea..." So, what are the possible theories here.  The Bachmann campaign doesn't have cell phone service to their offices in New Hampshire so they can't call to find out who is still on the sinking ship?  Doubtful.  It sounds to me like Ms. Bachmann likes to call all the shots and other professionals are leaving the campaign because it is poorly focused and poorly managed.  Not exactly the traits you want in a presidential candidate.

It would have been refreshing (but not nearly as entertaining) if Bachmann had been a bit more reality based.  "Well, I don't have a rat's ass of a chance in New Hampshire, and I have been neglecting my staff up there.  I am sorry it has come to this, but I can understand why they wanted to move on to other opportunities.  I appreciate their hard work and I thank them for helping us get to this point."

The best part is "it is certainly not true".  You betcha.  Not true, indeed.  Get that woman some oxygen, and quick...




No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...