Friday, January 21, 2011

What is Up With That? Why the Food?

Our custom, here at school, is for a different person to bring treats every Friday.  Because of the expense involved, we often sign up with one or two other people.

This morning the spread was put on by someone from another division.  It is thoughtful of her to contribute, many people stop by, but not all chip in.  This person must of had a busy schedule this morning because she dropped off her bag of goodies and the asked the administrative assistant in the office if they would unpack her treats for the group.

Once again this gets my dander up.  Couldn't the woman get here five minutes earlier and do her own unpacking?  Doesn't she realize that the administrative assistant is the busiest person in the school in the morning?

The larger question is, why do I so often get wrangled or upset by Friday "treats"?  Earlier this year when two men barely brought in anything, I railed against their lack of effort and the shadow that cast on my gender as being lousy at providing for others.  It seems to me that I often get upset by what other do or don't do on Friday's.

I don't really get it.  I seem to have a standard and I am quick to judge others who fail to meet that standard.  Doesn't really seem like a very "Christian" attitude to be so critical, and it doesn't seem like I am spreading the kind of joy/attitude around which I would like to work...

Doctor, heal thyself.....

Don't know.

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...