Friday, March 26, 2010

Great Fun in London

This picture is Thursday night, post-play (or maybe on the way to the play). We have polar opposites here. Dave loves to chat, and Maura loves to read, and never the twain shall meet.

The next photo is an expression that the public address is also saying aloud as you enter or exit the Tube. The Tube is, by far, the best form of public transport I have ever had the pleasure to use. It is clean, and we have never had to wait more than eight minutes for a train in our direction. Unbelievable.



The next shots are from Wednesday evening when we when to the Parliament building - where the Big Ben bell is housed. We got to hear it chime at five p.m., a real treat. When walked across a handsome bridge and then rode the London Eye and got an impressive view of part of downtown London.

1 comment:

A tall redhead said...

Ugh. I miss London so much. I'm glad you had fun! I loved the Tube too. "This train terminates at Ealing Broadway" in a polite female voice. Beat the squawk box on the subway here.

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...