Sunday, March 14, 2010

101 Reasons why I Love Google

Google now posts bike-friendly routes on their maps. This morning I have been researching bikes routes from San Francisco to Seattle. It looks like it is 67 miles from SFO to mom's house, which is a one day trip, if I can land early enough in the day.

From Sonoma, it is 441 miles north to Paul's house in Ashland. I would have thought I would travel that Pacific Coast Highway, but they have the trip going up the Central Valley. That is a six day haul, and the last two or three days of that beast would be in the Siskiyou Mountians. From Ashand to Portland is a bit over 300 miles which is a bit over four days. Finally the haul from Portland to Seattle is a spot over 210 miles, which might be doable in three days, or four depending on the hills and my conditioning. So that is a total of 14 days on the road (figuring 75 miles a day - which may be way too ambitious for northern California). I would imagine that I want to take a couple of stops here and there (Mom's, Paul's, Erik's, and Jeff's) and so that would add an extra week at least. What an exciting plan....

1 comment:

A tall redhead said...

That. Is. Awesome. I am totally gonna look up routes for me and Jon to take if we ever have a weekend free together. Cool!

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...