Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl, Terrorizing Cessnas & More Snow


So here it is, February 7, Super Bowl Sunday. A pick of who is going to win would be the natural entry at this point. I did read an interesting article about a guy who is using football statistics and math to predict the winners of games. I don't quite know which statistics about defensive backs or weak-side linebackers one would plug in to get useful information. But I like the idea. The guy had his computers play the Super Bowl 10,000 times and it came up with a 51.4% chance that the Colts would win 28-27. That seems closed than I think most people are expecting the game to be.

I noticed this morning's paper was speculating about whether the Saints would try and pound Peyton Manning the way they did Kurt Warner (St. Louis) and Bret Farve (Minnesota). It makes sense. The paper also hinted that some consider the Saints to be dirty. They did take some late shots at Brett, but we still win the game if we don't turn the ball over six thousand times....You can tell I am over it....
******
Dreamed last night that I was in a Cessna with Jonathan Chein. He was flying and it where we're in an area that looked like a flooded city. I am a nervous flier, but then Jonathan has to see how slow the plane will go and still make forward progress. I am not amused. Next he tries to see if he can touch the water with the wheels (and not have the whole plan go nose first into the drink).
Fortunately, I think one of my pets rescued me for this amusing side show. I like hanging out with Jonathan, but it was torturous to endure his test of faith.
******
I am growing very tired of snow covered streets. I miss my bicycle. Now that it is a bit warmer,
maybe I should just, "buck up Buttercup" and ride around anyways. Hmmm.

******
This week Maura found out that she is a National Merit Scholar Finalist. Wow. This is so far from my experience as a student that it is hard to believe that we are related. Winston is a great student and Karyl is a great student - so I guess it is in the genes here and there, but wow. Way to go Maura.
*******
In the twilight between dreams and actually moving it seems like there are a million thoughts to get done. When I finally get to the laptop it is as if my mind is in western South Dakota. Nothing for miles. Too bad to, because it is fun to get things down on paper when they come across the frontier.

No comments:

First Trip To Bayfront Park in Millbrae

 On Friday, 3 of March I had the privilege of spending an hour at Bay Front Park in Millbrae, California, just a few miles south of San Fran...