This is your standard red shouldered hawk (Google photo - more on that later). Yesterday I had the privilege of riding around with my mother and her friend, Elizabeth, and looking at red tails, red shoulders, and even some kestrels, acorn woodpeckers, some yellow-rumped warblers, and heavens only knows what all.You would think that I would have brought a camera to record some of this goodness, and I did. Regrettably, the camera I brought is great for wide angle views and is less than zero on bird shots. Sigh. What a dope. I keep wishing my lovely wife, Karyl, was here, as she as the uber lens and she would have really gotten some great shots of all this birds.
We ended our day with a great meal at the Fremont Cafe. I had a wonderful sandwich - of barbecue pork in origin and some great bacon and beans. This was a very popular rest stop. Good stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment